Link til hvad de gør i udlandet ved IIH/BIH/PTC

Vis foregående emne Vis næste emne Go down

Link til hvad de gør i udlandet ved IIH/BIH/PTC

Indlæg  Miss.Peacock on Man nov 15, 2010 12:10 am

Det er desværre på Engelsk, men det kunne være der er nogen der kunne oversætte det sunny
INTRODUCTION — Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) is also commonly called pseudotumor cerebri. It is a disorder defined by clinical criteria that include symptoms and signs isolated to those produced by increased intracranial pressure (eg, headache, papilledema, vision loss), elevated intracranial pressure with normal cerebrospinal fluid composition, and no other cause of intracranial hypertension evident on neuroimaging or other evaluations [1].

While once called benign intracranial hypertension, to distinguish it from secondary intracranial hypertension produced by a neoplastic malignancy, it is not a benign disorder. Many patients suffer from intractable, disabling headaches, and there is a risk of severe, permanent vision loss.

Recommendations for the treatment of IIH are limited by the absence of randomized controlled trials [2]. Moreover, the natural history of untreated IIH is unknown.

This topic will discuss the prognosis and treatment of IIH. The epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical features and diagnosis of this disorder are discussed separately. (See "Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri): Epidemiology and pathogenesis" and "Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri): Clinical features and diagnosis".)

Læs resten her, hvad jeg kan se bliver det opdagteret her i Nov. http://www.uptodate.com/home/content/topic.do?topicKey=neuro_op%2F8498#H11

Miss.Peacock

Antal indlæg : 9
Geografisk sted : Nordjylland

Vis brugerens profil

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Vis foregående emne Vis næste emne Tilbage til toppen